Nonprofits are getting ready to kick off their end of the year nonprofit giving campaigns, starting soon with Giving Tuesday.
According to the 2015 Digital Giving Index produced by Network for Good, 29% of annual giving occurred in December, 11% occurred in the last 3 days of the year, and 60% of donations came through nonprofit giving pages.
A simple, yet effective way to drive potential donors to your giving page is to set up a text-for-info nonprofit giving campaign. Potential donors would be able to text a word to 41411 and automatically receive a link to your page. Here’s how to do this with TextMarks:
- Create a keyword that is easy to remember and check to see if it is available (if you don’t have an account, call our support team at 800-696-1393 to see if your word is available.)
- Register your text program with TextMarks.
- Add your text auto-responder message that your members will receive when they text in your keyword to short code 41411. Be sure to include the link to your giving page and use a link shortener like Bitly to track clicks to your page.
- Add your “Text XYZFOUNDATION to 41411” call-to-action to all outgoing emails, direct mail pieces, social media posts and printed collateral and signage.
- Promote your text call-to-action at your fundraising events. Have your Executive Director make frequent announcements asking people to text your keyword to 41411 for a link to your donation page.
- Another way to use text messaging in your annual giving campaign is to send mass text messages to a list of your subscribers. If you want to build a mobile database throughout your giving campaign, include a second keyword in your auto-responder asking people to text it to join your list. Here’s an example of what your SMS auto-responder could say:
“Thanks for donating to XYZ Foundation. Donate here: http://bit.ly/xyz.
To receive regular text updates, text XYZALERTS to 41411 to opt-in.”
Good luck with your annual nonprofit giving campaign!
Photo credit: EKG Technician Salary
Not yet a TextMarks customer? Contact us at 800-696-1393 or email email@example.com and let us know you want to set up a text-for-info program for your nonprofit’s giving campaign.