It’s Election Day today and we encourage you to get out and vote. If you’re a TextMarks customer, then you have in your hands a great way to to help increase voter turnout. Here are some ways to use SMS text messaging for Election Day:
1. Send a group text to your subscribers and remind them to vote today.
2. Include a link to Google’s homepage today and click on the Google Doodle to find voting location and hours.
3. Are you a retailer or restaurant? Send a text coupon to your subscribers or offer a free drink if voters come to your business and show their text and “I Voted” sticker.
4. If you’re a college or university, SMS can be used for more than mass emergency notifications. Remind students, staff, faculty, departments to go vote.
5. If you’re involved in a political campaign, let your supporters and volunteers know about important announcements and results – by text.
If you have other tips for how to use SMS for today’s election or future elections, let us know in the comments below. Thank you for fulfilling your civic duty!
Not yet a TextMarks customer? Call us at 800-696-1393 or email email@example.com. We can get you started with your own SMS text program for political campaigns today.