Building your mobile database and getting church members and visitors to opt-in to your text program may not be instant, but it isn’t difficult. Here are some tips to getting members to sign up so you can reach them by text message:
- At the beginning or end of the service, your next meeting, fundraising event or conference presentation, ask everyone to take out their cell phone and text your KEYWORD to 41411. This has proven to be very effective in getting people to subscribe.
- Add a HTML opt-in widget to your web site or Facebook Page.
- Add instructions on how to subscribe to your text program to your weekly church bulletin.
- Send an email to your email list specifically asking them to text your keyword to 41411.
- Post signs in public areas like the rest rooms, the children’s nursery, cafe and the entrance. You can easily make a sign at our sister site posteroven.com
- Add your text call-to-action to your church marquee or outdoor billboard.
- Promote your keyword on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or other social media sites that members of your congregation frequently visit.
- Display your text call-to-action on all digital signage and video displays.
- Mention your text keyword on your podcast, webcast or radio program if you have one.
- Add a SMS call-to-action to your direct mail postcards and other printed collateral. You can even use different keywords for each direct mail piece to track which one is more effective.
- Hold a contest inviting members to opt-in to your text program to enter into a drawing or raffle.
- Last but not least – deliver content that people want to receive! For example, multiply the power of your sermons by sending text messages that reinforce your message throughout the week.
If you’re not sure, call your TextMarks Customer Success Manager at 800-696-1393 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to review your advertising materials. We’re happy to help!
More tips on growing your mobile subscriber list? Share yours with us in the comment section below.